President, New Edge Performance
John Haime is a Human Performance Coach who prepares performers to be their very best by helping them tap into the elusive 10% of their abilities that will elevate them to the top. This is something that anyone with a goal craves and John Haime knows how to get performers there. John closes the gap for performers in business, sports and the arts taking them from where they currently are to where they want to go.
The best in the world trust John. They choose him because he doesn’t just talk and theorize about the world of high performance – he has lived it and lives in it everyday. He is a former Tournament Professional Golfer with professional wins. He has a best-selling book “You are a Contender” that is widely read by world-class athletes, coaches and business performers. He has worked around the globe for some of the world’s leading companies. Athlete clients include performers who regularly rank in the World Top 50 in their respective sports. John has the rare ability to work as seamlessly in the world of professional/high level sports as he does in the world of business/leadership or the performing arts. Clients all agree that John Haime cares about them as a performer and a person.
Working with individuals or teams, John takes clients inside his world of high performance and provides insights and long-term solutions to help them build on core capabilities. He shares the fundamentals and a defined, proven process that he uses with the world’s best. The process features the very best elements from performance psychology, emotional intelligence, sport psychology, business planning, executive coaching and neuroscience. Clients learn what separates the average from the elite and how individuals and teams can maximize abilities. While elite performers can tell you what they did, John can tell you how he got them there – maximizing their abilities to reach their targets.
John is passionate about helping others prepare, think and perform like a world-class athlete. He coaches clients on how to tap into the 10% that makes 90% of the difference in daily performance.
Along with a variety of professional accreditations, John has been mentored by some of the top industry practitioners in high human performance and leadership. He is a life-long learner believing that what worked yesterday is often outdated today. He has researched, studied, investigated and used trial and error to help people perform at extraordinary levels. His only benchmark is measurable, sustainable results for valued New Edge Performance clients.
He is a graduate of Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN USA.
John lives in Ottawa, Canada with his wife and son.
- Former Professional Athlete – Tournament Professional Golfer with professional wins – highlights include shooting 62 in a professional event in Melbourne, Australia
- Has generated breakthrough results for clients in major professional sports leagues (NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS) and a variety of sports including equestrian, golf, tennis, squash and others
- Corporate athlete clients have included: Cisco Systems, Nortel, Bell Canada, General Electric, KPMG, Capital One, RBC, PSS World Medical, The Hay Group, Microsoft, GlaxoSmithKline and YPO
- John’s book – You Are a Contender! Build Emotional Muscle to Perform Better and Achieve More … in Business, Sports and Life became a bestseller in the United States in mid-2010. The 2nd edition of the book was released in February 2016
- The “New Edge” athlete process (5 stages) (https://johnhaime.com/athletes/) helps athletes build a sustainable, dynamic platform for performance offering growth and independence for the athlete in sport and beyond the game – John’s clients include athletes from a variety of sports including: hockey, basketball, football, golf, equestrian, tennis, squash, soccer (football), volleyball, baseball, swimming
- Chosen by a number of leading organizations as the program developer for their mindset modules. The most recent is for the Asian Institute of Sport – Asia’s leading elite athlete development organization